In addition to the large range of courses available, we would like to stress the professionality of our faculty and the quality of our courses. We guarantee their continuity and standardization owing to a thorough preparation of tailor-made syllabi and the choice of textbooks that are modern and constantly updated. Placement of students into courses is based on an interview and a placement test. Classes are made up of students of the same level of knowledge, allowing the teacher to progress flexibly and quickly thereby enabling students to benefit from mutual cooperation.
In order to make our courses even more comprehensive and attractive, we have prepared:
Why choose our courses?
In our courses we use the communicative approach and we adopt an open and flexible methodology. All our teachers are native speakers with degrees in philology or languages and are specialized in teaching Italian for foreigners. We teach in Italian already from the beginner level and so provide our students with tools to communicate and understand. We use up-to-date and diverse teaching materials. Our lessons, fun and varied, are set up so that they develop all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. We work on the development of the class dynamics without forgetting the needs of the individual student. We offer standard and specialized classes, workshops and many other events aimed at promoting Italian culture in the Czech Republic. For those who cannot take part in classroom learning we offer lessons on Skype or Zoom and also an online course.
Why study the Italian language?
We could explain it ourselves but we prefer to provide you with answers we received from our students. Thanks to the feedback we periodically get from student satisfaction survey that serves to design our lessons to match our students’ needs.
1. For the passion for Italian culture, from music to the arts, across cinema to literature.
2. For natural and artistic beauty of our country, spots to visit or already visited, places that inspire us to study the language
3. For the love of “Made in Italy”: from fashion to design, from the cuisine to wine
4. For the love of the lifestyle of Italians
5. For the warmth, friendliness and creativity of Italians
6. For the Italian person waiting for them 😊
7. For the musicality of the language
8. For academic reasons (going to Italy on Erasmus or other academic motives)
9. For work, especially in the food sector, fashion or design
Italian is, all in all, a language of pleasure. It is always good to bear in mind all those motivations when we welcome you at our courses at the Italian cultural institute in Prague.
The CILS Certification is the first Italian certification to have adopted the system of six levels of linguistic-communicative competence proposed by the Common European Framework of Reference of the Council of Europe and to have created specific certification modules for workers of foreign origin in Italy.